Friday, September 02, 2005

&*%#$(*#*&$!!

Grr! I'm so pissed off I could spit nails! In another installment of the ongoing drama of getting the new center diamond mounted in my ring, the jeweler called last week to tell me the happy news that my ring was finished and ready to be picked up. Great news, right? I thought so, too. I made plans to go to Portland yesterday to get it - I was excited to have it back on my finger where it belongs. I mean, it's nearly been 6 weeks! However, plans change. Mr. Chick was going to be working near Portland all week and said he'd pick it up for me on Wednesday morning. I wait breathlessly for him to call me and tell me how it looks. When he finally calls me, he tells me that ONE side of the ring looked excellent, but the other side? Not so good. Yes, the designer (Judith Conway - BAH!) fucked it up AGAIN. I was stunned. And sad. And then really, really pissed. They've messed it up before - this is not the first time they've sent back shoddy work. UNACCEPTABLE!! It was their shoddy work that lead the jewelry store to issue us a $400 credit in the first place, 7+ years ago. This time, according to Mr. Chick, one of the decorative scrolls that support the raised Cathedral-style sides (with channel set diamonds in them, natch) was all smooshed on one side. HOW the jewelry store missed it is beyond me. But worse that that, how the designer studio missed it is boggling. It took Mr. Chick all of 10 seconds to spot the botched up section. I guess it wasn't exactly hard to see.... The jewelry store went all apologetic and offered all sorts of assurances that they will get it fixed to perfection ASAP, blah blah blah. WHATEVER. We leave at the butt-crack of dawn on Tuesday for a 10 day trip to the east coast (have I mentioned that yet? No? Details in another post, I promise), and I WANT MY RING FOR THE TRIP!! Chances are slim to none that that will happen. Not the way these people seem to operate.

For some reason, Mr. Chick is all calm and cool and unruffled about this, whereas *I* am ready to drive up there and throttle someone. Personally. With my bare hands. This is a big role-reversal for us. Usually I'm the one saying not to make waves, to not make a big deal, and he's the one asking for all sorts of make-goods and statements of unacceptability. It has me wondering if he's got something up his sleeve, actually. He's just acting so odd about this - sort of shifty-like - that makes me wonder if he's telling me the truth. I'm sort of expecting him to bust out the ring and shout "surprise! Gotcha!" or something. Hmmm... In the meantime, I'm going to continue being a first-rate bitch when it comes to the subject of my ring and how ridiculous this has become, and start drafting my "eat shit" letter, to be sent to both the jewelry store and the designer. GIVE ME MY DAMN RING!!

Comments:
Oh, I feel your pain. I had a similar experience when Brent and I got engaged. He didn't know that I'm allergic to gold, so we took it back to the store to have it set in platinum. They told us it'd take a week. I was DYING to have it. I mean, good hell, I'd been waiting THREE FUCKING YEARS for him to propose- a week seemed like forever. Well, a week turned into two, then two turned into three... finally after nearly a month and me throwing the biggest shit-fit you've ever seen in the middle of the store, I got my ring back... AND we didn't have to pay for the platinum upgrade. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counters

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?