Friday, November 09, 2007

4

Yesterday was Lauren's 4th birthday! She had a little party at her preschool, complete with a zoo-themed cake and birthday crown, and we'll be having a family party for her tomorrow - pizza, cake and ice cream. And presents, of course - can't forget the presents. I'd show you a picture of my birthday girl, but my USB ports are acting up and I can't download any pictures from my camera. Or connect to my printer, but that's a different story....

Wanna hear something weird? On the day Lauren was born my water broke. I was sleeping and something woke me up just seconds before heard/felt a small pop and then felt the trickle of water. This happened somewhere between 4-5am, I got up, determined it was my water that had broken (vs. peeing...), called the doctor, called some friends to come stay with sleeping Nicholas, and then made our way to the hospital by 6:30am. Lauren was born at 8am. Well, yesterday morning, 4 years to the HOUR, I woke up from a deep sleep in the 4-5am hour because I felt a trickle. Just like when my water broke. I wasn't dreaming about water, lakes or toilets, but for some reason, I almost started peeing. In bed. For no reason. I immediately woke up and used the bathroom (not even a very full bladder!). And then I noted the time and it struck me that it was about the same time I had woken up to the same sensation 4 years prior. The day Lauren was born. It hadn't happened to me before (I haven't wet the bed since I was a young child, but don't worry, I didn't wet the bed yesterday - just came close), but for some reason my body had a similar response to that day. Strange, huh?

My charming, adorable, stubborn-as-hell, smart daughter is 4. And it just keeps getting better and better. Happy Birthday, Pumpkin! We love you!

Comments:
do you usually write only once a month, or so? I am trying new mom sites and don't know if I should check once a month, or week, or what?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counters

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?