Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Newest Creation

I finally finished it - the sweater I knit for myself. I was so excited about it, but now that it's done, not so much. It's oookkkkaayyyy. I like the color and I like the style, but the fitted part didn't turn out quite as fitted as I was led to believe it would. I followed the directions to a T, but still - it's a little bulkier (wider) at the bustline than I wanted. I might do some additional adjusting to improve the fit.

This sweater is seamless and was done on circular and double-point needles. That's what I like about it. It was SO EASY to do - just time consuming. It takes a lot longer to knit something for a grown-up than for a baby or child! I like the detail at the arms with the peek-a-boo stitches, and I added a little crochet trim along the neckline and cuffs for detail. But I'm frustrated at the way it's fitting a little sloppy under the arms! To fix it I would have to add seams, something that's NOT there already. Grrr! Does anybody have a suggestion or two for how I might do this well? The sweater looks OK on - really - but it's supposed to be a snugger, more figure-flattering fit. It's a cotton yarn and it drapes well, which is good, but I'm thinking I want to take it in a bit along the sides to improve the contouring. Thoughts?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Free Counters
Hit Counters

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?